Patient Rights and Responsibilities
Your RIGHTS as a patient of Benchmark Urgent & Family Care:
- The right to be treated with courtesy, respect and dignity.
- The right to participate in decisions regarding care.
- The right to refuse care or services.
- The right to privacy.
- The right to submit a complaint or grievance for follow up by Benchmark leadership.
- The right to refuse the release of personal health information except when permitted by law.
- The right of access to your medical records.
- The right to an interpreter.
- The right to receive accurate and easily understood information about your health care professional and the Benchmark health care facility.
Your RESPONSIBILITIES as a patient of Benchmark Urgent & Family Care:
- The responsibility toward the honest disclosure of information that may assist in establishing a diagnosis and an appropriate plan of care.
- The responsibility to support an environment where the safety and property of the organization’s personnel and customers are respected.
- The responsibility to inquire if any portion of care-giving or follow-up are not entirely understood.
- The responsibility to notify the staff or medical provider if you have any limitations (cultural, religious or other) that may limit the care provided or pose barriers to providing care.
- The responsibility to fulfill one’s financial commitments toward care.
Benchmark Urgent & Family Care complies with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability or sex.